Sunday, November 15, 2009

What else is new...backs, crockpots and more.....


It would be hard to talk about this week without mentioning our continual little black cloud that likes to follow our family but we will continue to fight the little stinker off! Last week at work, I did an obvious "no-no" for someone who has back problems. I picked up a heavy box turned side-ways in my chair and heard a "pop" immediately. That lead to going to the doctor for the past 8 days for him to put me in to traction a few hours a day (which I love-it pulls the vertebrae apart and so there is no pressure on the nerves...its great...but all my Christmas gift money is going to it!) Then by Saturday, I had to do another DUMB thing... my friend borrowed my Crock Pot and I was putting it back up on the shelf (the highest possible and lost control of it...first the glass lid hit the front of my head and shattered, then the inside heavy stone part fell out, cracked into 2 on my head, a jagged piece hit my foot and remodeled the top of the foot...ouch! and caused a second very large bump (which caused a concussion) on my head. The foot needed stitches. I decided to spare you the picture of the foot. The scare will be a nice reminder for the rest of my life...that seemed enough. The rest was just plain gross! The crockpot was in a million itsy bitsy pieces everywhere! Oh my...strap me down and don't let me do anything...I am causing constant messes wherever I go! Well..

No comments: